Associated Press//October 19, 2018
//October 19, 2018
Three more women have joined a class-action lawsuit accusing prosecutors, detectives and university officials of covering up sexual assault complaints at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
The Baltimore Sun reports the lawsuit also added new defendants, including UMBC President Freeman Hrabowski III.
One new plaintiff says she was raped by four UMBC basketball players in 2014. Two were later expelled, but county authorities determined there wasn’t evidence a crime occurred. Two plaintiffs, including one of the two women who initially sued, say they were sexually assaulted by UMBC baseball players last year.
Hrabowski recently said the school needed to address Title IX’s “human side.”
Defendants have declined comment on the accusations. Attorney General Brian Frosh filed a motion to dismiss charges on behalf of UMBC and its police chief.