Maple Lawn-based Sonatype took home the Emerging Growth Company of the Year award during the ACG National Capital’s 2019 Corporate Growth Awards Gala May 14 at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Ballroom in McLean, Virginia.
Sonatype beat out Cellphire, Embody Inc. and Fonteva for the award, given out by ACG National Capital, a chapter of the international Association for Corporate Growth that serves southern Maryland, northern Virginia and the District of Columbia. The association drives middle-market growth and increases deal flow, while providing unparalleled opportunities for networking, deal making and professional development for individuals involved in building corporate value through M&A, strategic partnerships, organic growth and capital funding.
The gala brought together more than 400 of the region’s leading corporate executives and dealmakers to network and recognize the individuals and organizations that made 2018 a stellar year for corporate growth activity in the greater DC metro area.
ACG National Capital sponsors the annual Corporate Growth Awards to recognize the region’s dealmakers and companies that are responsible for spearheading the local economy and driving deal flow. The Corporate Growth Awards are presented to professionals and companies that were individually selected for their accomplishments in crafting and executing on successful growth strategies and deals.
The 2019 Corporate Growth Awards winners were:
- Emerging Growth Company of the Year: Sonatype
- Corporate Growth Company of the Year (Under $25M): Iron Vine Security
- Corporate Growth Company of the Year ($25M-$75M): Amyx Inc.
- Corporate Growth Company of the Year ($75M-$250M): Xator Corporation
- Corporate Growth Company of the Year (Over $250M): Alarm.com
- Private Equity/Venture Deal Team of the Year: Razor’s Edge Ventures
- Deal Team of the Year: Perspecta
- Deal of the Year (Under 50M): Mimecast Limited’s Acquisition of Ataata, Inc.
- Deal of the Year ($50M-$250M): SOS International LLC’s Acquisition of STG Group Holdings, Inc.
- Deal of the Year (Over $250M): The Initial Public Offering of Tenable Holdings, Inc.