Five local startups will tout their businesses at Betamore’s annual Beta City VC Pitch Competition Thursday, a centerpiece of Betamore’s annual celebration of startups in Baltimore.
The pitch competition carries a $25,000 prize but also attracts businesses who value a chance to showcase the successes they have achieved in Baltimore.
Past winners of the competition have included the subscription services Femly Box and Hungry Harvest.
This year’s competitors include:
- Sonavi Labs, the makers of a digital stethoscope and a platform to support those stethoscopes;
- Renalert, the developers of a system to provide real-time monitoring of kidney status to help detect early declines in kidney function;
- Osmosis, a health education platform designed for clinicians and caregivers that includes web and mobile learning and more than 1,300 training videos;
- BurnAlong, a business-to-business video well-being and social motivation platform; and
- Lumina Solar, a company looking to build the next generation of solar business by incorporating business-to-business recurring revenue.
The startups will pitch Thursday afternoon at Betamore’s City Garage location in south Baltimore.
That will be followed by Betamore’s “Main Event” that includes an exhibit hall of local startups and a party celebrating the community. The winners of the pitch competition are typically announced during the party.