Edgemoor-Star America Judicial Partners (ESJP), a group of companies collaborating to develop the new Howard County Circuit Courthouse, established a donor-advised fund with the Community Foundation of Howard County.
The New Howard CCunty Courthouse Development Team COVID-19 Relief Fund, which has grown to $38,600, will support local nonprofit organizations providing relief from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Maryland-based Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate and Star America Infrastructure Partners lead ESJP, which also includes Maryland-based Clark Construction Group as design-builder, Howard County-based Harkins Builders as associate design-builder, HOK as lead architect and Johnson Controls as facilities manager.
Other partners include:
· Allen & Shariff Engineering based in Howard County
· Project Finance Advisory Ltd
· Bracewell LLP
· O’Connell & Lawrence based in Maryland
· Site Resources based in Maryland
· S2N Technology Group based in Maryland
· Cagley & Associates based in Maryland
· Kirlin Design Build based in Maryland
· Rosendin Electric
· Turner & Townsend
· Gordon Contractors based in Maryland
· Physical Security
· Crystal Steel Fabricators
· C&E Constructions
· Sody Concrete based in Maryland
· DXI Construction based in Maryland
ESJP broke ground on the new courthouse on June 24. The 238,000-square-foot facility will resolve deficiencies in the existing courthouse, which was built 175 years ago and has developed safety challenges. The new courthouse is scheduled to be completed in July 2021.
The organization is collaborating with Howard County Executive Calvin Ball in the first public-private partnership for Howard County.