Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Chelsea Crawford | Brown Levy

Brown, Goldstein & Levy partner Chelsea Crawford was named a Maryland Rising Star in the “General Litigation” category by Super Lawyers, an honor reserved for no more than 2.5% of lawyers across the State of Maryland. Chelsea has been a fixture on the Rising Stars list each year since 2018.
Crawford joined Brown Goldstein in September 2015 and has maintained a diverse and growing civil litigation practice, including substantial work in wrongful conviction, police misconduct, and disability rights cases. She is also experienced in criminal defense, investigations, serious personal injury, and wrongful death cases.

In 2022, she and a team of BGL attorneys obtained $8 million on behalf of an exoneree’s estate. In 2021, she obtained a $6.5 million settlement on behalf of the family of Eric Sopp, an unarmed man in distress who was shot and killed by a Baltimore County police officer. It was one of the largest settlements in Maryland and Baltimore County history. In 2020, she helped obtain nearly $8 million for two men wrongfully convicted and imprisoned after law enforcement officers planted drugs in their car.

In 2018, she was part of a team that obtained $9 million on behalf of a man wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for 21 years after Baltimore homicide detectives concealed exculpatory evidence.

Crawford was recognized as a Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Civil Rights Law, Criminal Defense – General Practice and Litigation – Labor and Employment for 2022. Chelsea is also active in several bar associations and organizations.

One comment

  1. Hi to whom it may concern,
    I am writing to you because of the death of my fiancé’s mother Naomi Martin in 2021. She was a resident of West Gate Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
    During her residency in 2020 she was sent out by doctors orders to the Siani hospital for high blood pressure and high sodium. When the ambulance picked her up and examined her, they immediately called the Baltimore Police department because she had a severe ducupitus wound indicating negligence.
    My fiancé Vincent Pennix was contacted to come to the hospital despite the “no visitors” rule that had been mandated. He had taken in depth pictures and video of her state when he arrived.
    Additionally, after her Arrival to Siani as required, it was found after testing she was positive for COVID 19.
    After a week she was discharged back to Westgate Hills, against families protest.
    Furthermore, the family was instructed there only recourse was to file an appeal with Medicare, which was denied.
    After 20 days Westgate Hills sent her to St Agnes Hospital where she was still positive for COVID 19. They put a feeding tube in during her hospitalization. Also Gilcrest Hospice had initiatiated the family for care. The family admittedly refused Hospice care
    She was sent to a catch-net called Genesis. This is where they sent all Covid positive patients waiting for placements. Again, Gilchrist Hospice initiated with the family and care team and made statements that they had been “keeping track of her”, Exsplaining they had access to the same patient information system.
    After a week at Genisis she was sent to Fanklin Square Hospital at which point she was no longer Covid positive.
    She arrived with no admission papers from the facility and the hospital had no idea why she was there.
    The doctor contacts the family says he’s going to give her a thorough evaluation but she was severely ill.
    She had severe infection because of contamination to the decupitus.
    The family was never contacted back.
    When the family contacted the hospital the staff asked if she had a DNR this questioning went on for a week. The hospital was told a numerous occasions that there is no DNR. And the doctor never contacted them back as he had said he would to update on her condition.
    The family meanwhile contacted other doctors about wound care facilities for her decupitus and had contact with the wound care facility.
    On multiple occasions it was requested by the family to have her transfered to the woundcare facility. The family was declined.
    Franklin Square Hospital had at this point petitioned the court to take her as a ward.
    In the case she was taken into state care.
    Until this moment, her oldest son Vincent Pennix was her POA.
    The state then decides for her to go into Gilcrest Hospice and her feeding tube was then taken out.
    She then died of stroke after starving to death and complications because of her decupitus. The date of her death was on March 9 2021.

    We have famiky witnesses and paperwork that she was kept in a facility that was found by a state investigation to be at fault for not following proper protocols.