Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Baltimore County industrial space sold for $10.34M

Built in 1960, 1407 Parker Ave. is equipped with approximately 8,000 square feet of office space, 16-to-21-foot clear ceiling heights, five loading bays, eight interior dock positions and 62 surface parking spaces. It is situated in the southwestern corner of Baltimore County. (Submitted photo)

MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services LLC brokered the sale of 1407 Parker Road, a single-story building containing 103,640 square feet of industrial/warehouse space in Halethorpe for $10.34 million, the company announced Tuesday.

The transaction also includes an adjacent .58-acre parcel on 1441 Knecht Ave. that is suitable for vehicular parking and outside storage requirements.

The buyer was Ohio-based Pioneer Cladding & Glazing Systems, Inc. Daniel Hudak, SIOR, senior vice president for MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services and Andrew Meeder, SIOR, senior vice president for MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services represented the seller, Pitts Realty, Limited Partnership, which formerly operated David Edwards Furniture, Inc. from the site. The new owner was self-represented and the building was unoccupied at the time of the sale.

Founded in 1999, Pioneer Cladding & Glazing Systems designs, fabricates and installs curtain wall, glass and custom-designed exterior building façades for both new construction and renovation applications. The company operates five project management, engineering and fabrication shop locations throughout the United States including two in the greater Maryland area. Pioneer intends to maintain its existing project management facility in the Elkridge area and relocate its current fabrication shop on Alco Place in Halethorpe to 1441 Knecht Ave. Approximately 10 employees will be impacted by this move.

The building, situated at the intersection of Benson Avenue and Parker Road, served as the headquarters for nearly three decades by David Edwards Furniture, Inc., a high-end furniture maker owned by the Pitts family, an entity that was acquired by Kimball International in late 2018. The Pitts family retained ownership of the building and negotiated a lease-back arrangement with Kimball International, before the Indiana-based group decided to consolidate operations and close this facility last year. MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services was subsequently selected by the Pitts family to market and sale the two assets.

Built in 1960, 1407 Parker Ave. is equipped with approximately 8,000 square feet of office space, 16-to-21-foot clear ceiling heights, five loading bays, eight interior dock positions and 62 surface parking spaces. It is situated in the southwestern corner of Baltimore County and is adjacent to Baltimore city and Interstates 695 and 95. BWI Airport can be accessed in seven miles from the site and the Port of Baltimore is 10 miles away.

According to data from MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services, the vacancy rate for warehouse/industrial product in Baltimore County Southwest submarket is currently 5.3% and 3.7% in the larger BWI corridor.