Innerlight Holistic Healing, an organization that curates holistic therapies and wellness products, on Monday was named the winner of $10,000 in a small business pitch competition, the culminating event of the 2022 Bell Revival Business (BRB) program.
The program is a six-week course designed to offer Baltimore business owners the opportunity to receive the guidance, tools and support needed to grow revenue and affect positive change in their community.
Revival, an award-winning JdV by Hyatt Hotel, partnered with the Baltimore Economic Leadership League (BELL), a nonprofit organization providing business owners with operational support and financial training, to develop the curriculum for the BRB program’s inaugural year.
Ranging from food and beverage vendors to lifestyle consulting firms, participating businesses and the entrepreneurs behind them have gained essential insight on topics such as pricing model, profit margins, monthly expenses and operating revenue.
The 2022 Bell Revival Business Program graduates include:
- Andrea England, The Business Connect Hub
- Bre’Anna Myles, Staycations Anonymous
- Chanel Fields, Sweet Fields
- Cheryle Ricks, The Women Empowerment Circle
- Emmalyne Head, Southern Belle Cleaners
- Haneefa Willis-Johnson, Innerlight Holistic Healing
- Jada Jennings, Cookie No Crumble
- Jakia Muhammad, SoleOrganizer
- Jamal Jackson, Hux Spirits
- Julie Dowling, Julez Let the Dogs Out
- Sonja Jackson, Tea Rose Pretty
- Sydney Newton, Sydney’s Ice Creams
The BRB program’s curriculum was created and taught by BELL Founder Will Holmes. On June 20, participants celebrated completion of the program with a graduation ceremony facilitated by BELL Executive Director Rennard Brown. During this final session, entrepreneurs divided into small groups and presented customized growth plans and pitch decks to a panel of judges from the Baltimore business community.