Skip to content
2009 Influential Marylanders
- Frederick Bealefeld III Commissioner, Baltimore City Police Department
- Seth Goldman Co-founder, Honest Tea
- Jan Houbolt Executive Director, The Leadership
- Michael Steele Chairman, Republican National Committee
- Laura Neuman Volkman Founder, Laura Neuman Foundation
- Anna Sowers Creator, ZachSowers.com
- Andy Malis President, MGH Inc.
- Jayne Miller Chief Investigative Reporter, WBAL-TV
- David Nevins Founder, Nevins & Associates
- William Roberts Regional State President, Verizon Maryland & D.C.
- Ron Smith Radio Show Host, WBAL-AM 1090
- Marcie Jones Brennan Creator, BaltimoreCrime.blogspot.com
- Susan Aldridge President, University of Maryland University College
- Andres Alonso CEO, Baltimore City Public School System
- Phillip Closius Dean, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Sydney Cousin Superintendent, Howard County Public School System
- Nancy Grasmick Superintendent, Maryland State Department of Education
- William Thomas Teacher, Dr. Henry A. Wise Jr. High School, Prince George’s County Public School System
- Gary Gensler Nominated Chairman, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- James Kennedy President & CEO, T. Rowe Price Group
- Kathleen Murphy President & CEO, Maryland Bankers Association
- Charles Newhall III General Partner, New Enterprise Associates
- Hunter Hollar Non-executive Chairman, Sandy Spring Bancorp Inc.
- Matthew Dent Vice President, D.F. Dent & Company Inc.
- Doreen Bolger Director, Baltimore Museum of Art
- Brian McTernan Owner/Founder, Salad Days Recording Studio
- Michael Phelps Eight-Time Gold Medalist, 2008 Olympic Games
- Paul Reed Smith Founder, PRS Guitars
- Eugene Sutton Bishop, Episcopal Diocese of Maryland
- Joe Flacco Quarterback, Baltimore Ravens
- Peter Beilenson Health Officer, Howard County
- Benjamin Carson Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Curt Civin Director of the Center for Stem Cell Biology & Regenerative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- John Lowe President & CEO, Henry M. Jackson Foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine
- Laurence Merlis President, Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Trisha Fronczek Coordinator of the Clinical Scholars, University of Maryland Medical Center
- Kirk Bloodsworth Program Officer, The Justice Project
- Francis Burch Jr. Partner, Chairmain of the Global Board & Co-Chairman of DLA Piper LLP U.S., DLA Piper
- Lisa Fairfax Professor of Law & Director of the Business Law Program, University of Maryland School of Law
- David Rocah Staff Attorney, American Civil Liberties Union
- Craig Thompson Partner, Venable LLP
- Jeffrey Nusinov Managing Partner, Fisher & Winner LLP, Of Counsel, Law Offices of Arnold M. Weiner P.A.
- Greg Cantori Executive Director, Marion I. and Henry J. Knott Foundation
- Marc Maurer President, National Federation of the Blind
- Diana Morris Director, Open Society Institute – Baltimore
- Patricia Rouse Co-founder, Vice President & Secretary, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Harold Smith Executive Director, Catholic Charities
- Heather Harvison Executive Director, My Sister’s Circle
- Thomas Bozzuto CEO, The Bozzuto Group
- David Cordish President & Chairman, The Cordish Cos.
- Scott Dorsey President, Merritt Properties LLC
- Patrick Turner President, Turner Development
- Otis Warren Owner, Otis Warren & Company Inc.
- Christopher Janian Assistant Development Manager, H&S Properties
- Vlatko Andonov President, Bethesda Softworks LLC
- Scott Ferber Founder & Chairman, TidalTV
- Jennie Hunter-Cevera President, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
- Tom Loveland Co-creator, CEO, Maryland Computer Services Association, Mind Over Machines Inc.
- Sid Meier Director of Creative Development, Firaxis Games Inc.
- Angela Singleton President, Pique Inc.