Rankings and profiles can be found beneath these three articles.
The Daily Record is pleased to present its inaugural survey of Maryland’s Largest Law Firms. We have ranked law firms in the state by the number of lawyers working in their offices located in Maryland.
Though most large Md. law firms lack diversity at highest levels, it’s not for lack of trying anymore
With law firms continuing to be dominated by white males and clients expecting more diverse attorneys on their cases, the industry is tasked with finding ways to not only attract women and minorities but fostering an environment that lets those attorneys reach the partner level.
Baltimore native Brett Ingerman is adjusting to his new role as managing partner of DLA Piper US LLP’s Baltimore office. Ingerman, who has been with the firm for 22 years, focuses on business and commercial litigation and arbitration as well as corporate investigations and global compliance issues.
Rankings: Maryland’s Largest Law Firms 2017
1. VENABLE LLP
2. MILES & STOCKBRIDGE PC
3. MARYLAND LEGAL AID
4. DLA PIPER
5. SHULMAN ROGERS GANDAL PORDY & ECKER, P.A.
6. WHITEFORD, TAYLOR & PRESTON
7. BAKER, DONELSON, BEARMAN, CALDWELL & BERKOWITZ, PC
8. OFFIT KURMAN, P.A.
9. SEMMES, BOWEN & SEMMES
10. GORDON FEINBLATT LLC
11. GOODELL, DEVRIES, LEECH & DANN, LLP
12. LERCH, EARLY & BREWER, CHTD.
13. LAW OFFICES OF PETER G. ANGELOS, PC
14. PESSIN KATZ LAW, P.A. (PK LAW)
15. SAUL EWING LLP
16. GALLAGHER, EVELIUS & JONES LLP
17. FRANKLIN & PROKOPIK PC
17. STEIN SPERLING
19. BALLARD SPAHR LLP*
20. HOGAN LOVELLS US LLP*
21. JOSEPH GREENWALD & LAAKE
21. PALEY ROTHMAN
23. SILVERMAN, THOMPSON, SLUTKIN & WHITE, LLC
24. KRAMON & GRAHAM
24. TYDINGS & ROSENBERG LLP
26. ROSENBERG MARTIN GREENBERG, LLP
27. MCNAMEE, HOSEA, JERNIGAN, KIM, GREENAN & LYNCH, P.A. *
27. NEUBERGER, QUINN, GIELEN, RUBIN & GIBBER, P.A.
27. WEINSTOCK, FRIEDMAN & FRIEDMAN, P.A.
30. WRIGHT, CONSTABLE & SKEEN, L.L.P.
RIFKIN LIVINGSTON WEINER LLC
31. COUNCIL, BARADEL, KOSMERL & NOLAN, P.A.
32. NILES, BARTON & WILMER, LLP
33. BREGMAN, BERBERT, SCHWARTZ & GILDAY, LLC
33. ECCLESTON AND WOLF PC*
35. MCGUIREWOODS LLP
36. BROWN, GOLDSTEIN & LEVY, LLP
36. DECARO DORAN SICILIANO GALLAGHER & DEBLASIS, LLP
36. HUDSON COOK, LLP
39. FUNK & BOLTON P.A.*
39. FUREY DOOLAN*
39. GEBHARDT & SMITH LLP*
39. SHAPIRO SHER
43. LEVIN & GANN P.A.*
43. ROYSTON, MUELLER, MCLEAN & REID, LLP
43. SELZER GURVITCH RABIN WERTHEIMER & POLOTT PC*
43. THOMAS & LIBOWITZ, P.A.
43. WHARTON LEVIN EHRMANTRAUT & KLEIN P.A.*
48. ADELBERG, RUDOW, DORF & HENDLER, LLC
48. JACKSON LEWIS P.C.
48. MURTHY LAW FIRM
48. WOMBLE CARLYLE SANDRIDGE & RICE, LLP*
52. CARNEY, KELEHAN, BRESLER, BENNETT & SCHERR, LLP
52. DUANE MORRIS LLP*
54. ANDERSON, COE & KING LLP*
54. DAVIS, AGNOR, RAPAPORT & SKALNY, LLC
54. MILLER MILLER & CANBY
57. BAXTER BAKER SIDLE CONN & JONES
Information is as of Jan. 1, 2017, based on survey responses and company websites. Companies that did not respond are marked with an asterisk. Some firms purchased an enhanced listing. Companies that responded after date of print publication are marked with two asterisks.