Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Tag Archives: charity

Area professionals don old gowns for night of bingo to benefit shelter

Moments after a woman in a white fedora and a hot-pink, bejeweled bridesmaid gown jumped out of her seat and yelled “Bingo!”, a group of dancing women made their way to her table, rewarding her with a large goody basket. ...

Read More »

Helping Others: What businesses and firms did

As 2010 nears its end, The Daily Record would like to note through its fifth annual Helping Others recognition campaign the contributions of time, money and other forms of support made by Maryland businesses, law firms and institutions to worthy ...

Read More »

Facebook’s Zuckerberg pledges to give away wealth

NEW YORK — Another 17 of America’s richest people, including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, junk bond pioneer Michael Milken and AOL co-founder Steve Case, have promised to give away most of their wealth. At 26, Zuckerberg has put himself on ...

Read More »

‘Tis The Season

The end of the year is an ideal time to reflect and take stock. We customarily set our New Year’s resolutions around this time, and we tend to be very family-oriented, especially around the winter holidays. It’s a good time ...

Read More »

A campaign with sole

How much do you walk every day? Are you perhaps one of those women who carry their heels in a bag and walk to work in more comfortable shoes? (I, for one, am guilty of that during the warmer months ...

Read More »

CEG Senior Players Championship fund raising taking a different tack this year

This week, the Constellation Energy Senior Players Championship announced its “Tickets Fore Charity” campaign in which local charities can sell tickets and keep 75 percent of the proceeds while the remaining 25 percent goes to the tournament’s local charitable donation. ...

Read More »