- MarylandReporter.com reports Howard County Del. Guy Guzzone is plans to run to replace Sen. Jim Robey, who has said he does not plan to run for re-election.
- The Gazette reports Del. Brian Feldman of Montgomery County could replace Sen. Rob Garagiola, who is resigning on Sept. 1.
- The Daily Record reports the Purple Line is receiving more private sector interest than the Red Line.
- The Annapolis Capital reports Democrat Joanna Conti, who lost to former Anne Arundel County John Leopold in 2010, plans to run again for Anne Arundel County executive.
- The Baltimore Sun reports the “House of Cards” television show is using the Maryland State House as a set next week.
- The Washington Post reports Del. Heather R. Mizeur, D-Montgomery, would be the first openly gay elected governor if she decides to run — and wins — in 2014.
Eye Opener: The race to fill Senate seats