Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- The Baltimore Sun reports on projects that will be paid for by the gas tax increase enacted on Thursday.
- The Baltimore Business Journal reports Penn National Gaming Inc. may be able to hold two Maryland casino licenses at the same time.
- The Washington Post reports Maryland’s legislative hearing on the Baltimore Detention Center will take place June 6.
- MarylandReporter.com reports that some state workers doubled their salary through overtime last year.
- The Annapolis Capital reports Del. Steve Schuh has been elected chairman of Anne Arundel County’s state delegation, replacing new House Minority Leader Nic Kipke.